22-24 March 2016
The Africa Group for Justice and Accountability (AGJA) held the first of its bi-annual symposia events at the University of Cape Town in South Africa, from 22-24 March 2016.
The event brought together experts on international criminal justice, human rights activists, academics and practitioners from the field of international law to discuss a range of issues around the theme, of “African Justice mechanisms and their interplay with the International Criminal Court”.
• Pierre St. Hilaire, Director, Counter-Terrorism, INTERPOL
• Philipp Ambach, Special Assistant of the President, International Criminal Court
• Yasmin Sooka, Executive Director, Foundation for Human Rights, Johannesburg
Africa Group members:
• Tiyanjana Maluwa, H. Laddie Montague Chair in Law, Pennsylvania State University School of Law; Former Associate Dean for International Affairs, School of Law & Director, School of International Affairs
• Navi Pillay, Former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
• Fatiha Serour, Director of Serour Associates for Inclusion and Equity, London