Following the announcement by the Chief Justice of the Republic of Kenya of his intention to establish an International and Organised Crimes Division of the Kenyan High Court, there has been varied discussion as to what form this division will take, and questions have arisen as to its jurisdiction, independence and nature. The Wayamo Foundation organised a forum with leading members of the legal community from Nakuru to discuss the IOCD and how to improve access to justice in the community. This was Wayamo’s second forum in Nakuru, after another community forum held in August 2014 for leading civil society groups.
Master of Ceremonies:
- Joseph Roberts-Mensah, Africa Director, Wayamo Foundation
- Bernard Kipkoech, Lawyer at Gordon Ogola, Kipkoech & Company Advocates
- Masese Kemunche, Programs Manager, Center for Enhancing Democracy and Good Governance (CEDGG) Nakuru
- Bobby Mkangi, Independent Legal Consultant
- Mokaya Orina, Advocate of the High Court of Kenya and Lecturer at Moi University
All photos by Kris Kotarski, Wayamo.