25 November 2014.
Following the announcement by the Chief Justice of the Republic of Kenya of his intention to establish an International and Organised Crimes Division of the Kenyan High Court, there has been varied discussion as to what form this division will take, and questions have arisen as to its jurisdiction, independence and nature. The Wayamo Foundation organised a forum with community leaders from Mombasa to discuss the IOCD and how to improve access to justice in the community.
Master of Ceremonies:
- Joseph Roberts-Mensah, Africa Director, Wayamo Foundation
- Dr. Sarah M. Kinyanjui, Coordinator, University of Nairobi, School of Law, Mombasa Campus
- Jared Magolo, Criminal Lawyer, J.O Magolo & Co. Advocates
- Bobby Mkangi, Independent Legal Consultant
- Alexander M. Muteti, Principal State Counsel, Directorate of Public Prosecutions
All photos by Mark Kersten, Wayamo.