On 24 May 2013, the Institute for War & Peace Reporting and the Wayamo Foundation hosted an international panel discussion at Strathmore University in Nairobi.
Entitled “The ICC in Kenya a blessing or a curse?”, it was the third in a series of live debates hosted on the ICC cases and broader questions of justice and accountability in Kenya.
- Ms. Bettina Ambach, Director, Wayamo Foundation
- The Honourable Githu Muigai, Attorney General of Kenya
- Atsango Chesoni, Executive Director, Kenya Human Rights Commission, KHRC
- Ngunjiri Wambugu, Executive Director, Change Associates Trust
- Njonjo Mue, Head of Kenya Office, International Center for Transitional Justice, ICTJ
- Wilfred Nderitu, Legal Representative of Victims at the ICC
- Elizabeth M. Evenson, Senior Counsel, International Justice Program, Human Rights Watch, Brussels
Connected via video link from The Hague:
- Phakiso Mochochoko, Head of Jurisdiction, Complementarity and Cooperation Division, Office of the Prosecutor, International Criminal Court
- Shamiso Mbizvo, Cooperation Advisor for the Kenya situation, Office of the Prosecutor, International Criminal Court
IWPR’s report on the debate is available at: “Attorney General Locks Horns With ICC”