Following the announcement by Chief Justice Willy Mutunga of the intention to establish an International Crimes Division in the High Court of Kenya, the Wayamo Foundation in cooperation with the School of Law of the University of Nairobi organised a panel debate with speakers from the law faculty, the judiciary, the civil society and the International Criminal Court. The panel discussion featured a range of opinions on complementarity and the establishment of the ICD, and the audience asked questions and made comments throughout the moderated debate.
- Hon. Rev. Samuel Kobia, Judicial Service Commission and Chair of the ICD Committee
- Dr. Juliet Akoth, Lecturer, School of Law, University of Nairobi
- Bobby Mkangi, Independent Legal Consultant
- Dr. Philipp Ambach, Special Assistant to the President of the International Criminal Court
- Eric Mutua, Chairman, Law Society of Kenya
- Njonjo Mue, Human Rights and Transitional Justice expert
- Prof. Patricia Kameri-Mbote, Dean, School of Law, University of Nairobi, Parklands
Photos by Kris Kotarski, Wayamo.