On Sept. 4, the Institute for War and Peace Reporting and the Wayamo Communication Foundation came together to host a ReportingKenya.net international panel discussion at Strathmore University Auditorium in Nairobi. (PROGRAMME)
The panel discussion featured a range of opinions on the different forms of justice Kenyans wish to see in their country, offering a forum for discussion for both supporters and opponents of national judicial proceedings and the International Criminal Court.
The panel discussion began at 10.00 with welcoming remarks by Dr Luis Franceschi, Dean of Strathmore Law School. It was open to the public, and the audience was invited to ask questions throughout the moderated debate with panelists.
- Kioko Kamula, Senior Assistant Director of Public Prosecutions
- Phakiso Mochochoko, Head of Jurisdiction, Complementarity and Cooperation Division, Office of the Prosecutor, International Criminal Court
- Wilfred Nderitu, Legal Representative of Victims at the International Criminal Court
- Gertrude Angote, Executive Director, Kituo Cha Sheria
- Prof. Peter Kagwanja, Chief Executive Africa Policy Institute and former Government Advisor
Audio files of the panel discussion are available at ReportingKenya.net.