Nairobi Workshop on Investigating and Prosecuting Cyber Crimes
On 16-17 February 2015, the Wayamo Foundation hosted a two-day interagency training workshop for Kenya’s Criminal Investigations Division and the office of the Department of Public Prosecutions on investigating and building complex cyber crime cases, working up the chain of command, chain of custody, and collaboration with neighbouring countries and international law enforcement bodies.
The aim of the Cyber Crime workshop was to identify the investigative, analytical and prosecutorial support measures required to ensure the successful investigation and prosecution of cyber crimes.
The Cyber Crimes workshop included presentations from:
- Nicholas Mutuku, Acting Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions, Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (ODPP), Nairobi
- Tumaini Wafula, Senior Principal Prosecution Counsel, Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (ODPP), Nairobi Inspector
- Jackson Cheboi, Deputy In‐Charge, Cyber Crime Unit, Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), Nairobi
- Douglas Gichuki, Lecturer, Strathmore University Law School
- Abdulkarim Chukkol Head, Advance Fee Fraud and Cyber Crimes Section, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Lagos, Nigeria
- Oscar Sakindi, Co-ordinator Regional Bureau, Digital Crime Officer, INTERPOL Global Complex for Innovation, Singapore
- Ibrahim Gathungu, Manager, Risk Assurance Department, PWC , Nairobi, Kenya
- Tyrus Kamau, Head of Information Security & Risk, Airtel Money, Nairobi, Kenya
Photos by Kris Kotarski, Wayamo.