On 23 November 2013, the Wayamo Foundation Director Bettina Ambach moderated a joint Germany/Kenya side event (PROGRAMME) at the twelfth session of the Assembly of States Parties of the International Criminal Court held between 20–28 November 2013 at the World Forum Convention Center in The Hague, The Netherlands.
The panel discussion examined the challenges of the international criminal justice system in Africa and particularly in Kenya, its impact on the domestic accountability process and complementarity.
The representative of the Kenyan International Crimes Division also talked about the establishment process of this special division of the High Court.
- Pascal Hector, Director International Law, Federal Foreign Office and Head of the German Delegation
- Githu Muigai, Attorney General of the Republic of Kenya and Head of the Kenyan Delegation
- Athaliah Molokomme, Attorney General of the Republic of Botswana
- Sam Kobia, Judicial Service Commission and Chair of the Committee overseeing the establishment of the International Crimes Division (ICD), Nairobi
- Dr. Alex Whiting, Professor, Harvard Law School
Photos by Kris Kotarski.